Thursday 6 December 2012

Researching target audience

 
 
Here is the mindmap I produced analysing the target audience for my genre.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(genre)

I have also found an article on Wikipedia about the thriller genre , which I agree with. This is because all the elements of thriller that the writer has discussed my group and I have already accounted for. It talks about that fact that thrillers should give the impression of excitement and suspense which I agree is a key part of a successful thriller and which I think we will achieve in our trailer through the tense opening and the mystery of what has happened to the girl. It also talks about examples of different thriiler types set in different times and places for example westerns. This article shows that thrillers are being created in different ways and situations and can still be successful. ‘Plot twists and cliff-hangers are used extensively’, I really agree with this as I think that thrillers are all about the mystery and not knowing what is going to happen next. You want to leave the audience shocked at the end due to them not expecting that ending event to happen. You want it to build up to that point and for them to stunned about it. 






I have found a slideshow which have given us more detail and information for what our target wants to get out of watching this genre. This has taught us that we need to address our audience more with abnormal events that do happen every day. The common elements our audience would expect to see in our film are a sense of alarm which leaves them on the edge of their seat. They are also looking for excitement, they want confusion and to be shocked about what is going on. They want dark, terrifying music so that it leaves them with a sense of terror. This is because these elements are common in the thriller genre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment