Monday 5 November 2012

Value of Research So Far

After the early research into what makes a good opening sequence,  I watched several kidnap and abduction films. Although we have not totally agreed a plot outline, we all agree that our film will be on this film so it's good to look for more specific ideas.

One of these was ‘Taken’, especially the abduction scene. I liked how they filmed it from the girl’s friend’s point of view through a window which somehow made it seem so much more immediate and as if you as the audience are watching helplessly too. We haven't written in a friend character, but I would still like to create the same feeling in the audience.

 One film I quite liked was Martha Marcy May Marlene. There wasn’t really a kidnap as such but she was held against her will and was abused, similar to our plot. I also liked how she tried to adjust back into society but couldn’t because she still knew in the back of her head they were out there, this helped me thinking up the story line for after the girl gets back from her abductor. I also learned that we need to concentrate on the main characters' facial expressions to get across how affected she is by what has happened.

Also from watching beginning scenes I have realised that many of them do not show much of the film at all. I had to take this into account when making up our first two minutes because all our original ideas had much too much information for the first two minutes. We need to get information across without getting too far into the plot. This is hard because of course we want our courdework to impress, and we need to find ways of doing that without showing much action.

No comments:

Post a Comment